Please note the following changes to the Melbourne Schedule:
* Prahran Aquatic Centre, Essex Street
* 12pm dive-in
* Free entry for spectators and support swimmers of 8in8in8
* Straight after the swim, Craig will be making a special presentation to a JMF grant recipient, 2 year old Tommy, who has Cerebral Palsy and a severe vision impairment. The grant Craig presents to him today will allow Tommy to have his first ever wheelchair
Craig will be rolling out from Prahran Pool at around 1.30pm. He will be heading towards Beach Road via St Kilda Street, and then proceeding to Mordialloc. He'll then do laps between Mordi and South Road (Hampton), before finally heading to the Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit via Kerferd Road / Clarendon Street entrance. From there, he'll turn left into Albert Lane, and will finish the ride at the city end of Lakeside Drive - for locals, it's right near the boom gate that cyclists have to ride around.
Some important things to be aware of.
* This is not a supported ride for anyone but Craig.
* Craig is very fatigued, and may need to stop from time to time - sometimes quite quickly.
* Craig will not sit in any groups; 8in8in8 is draft-free for him!!
* We will be briefing riders who choose to roll out from the pool with Craig.
* Craig will not be riding at his normal pace!!! It may be dark by the time he finishes (especially if he needs a nap or two), so please be prepared with lights.
* We will have a bike rack at the finish of the ride, where you may lock up your bike - BYO lock!
MELBOURNE RUN DETAILS
The run will start at the corner of Albert Road Drive and Lakeside Drive - near the golf course. We will be running on the actual rode, not the paths. We don't have access to the ENTIRE Grand Prix Circuit, but we'll be doing out and back 4.4k loops, turning at the T intersection just past Powerhouse (Ross Gregory Drive).
It will be dark, and there is not a huge amount of lighting - so would be great if you could bring a headlamp if you have one!
Again, the run is not supported, so please be self-sufficient (eg water, nutrition, etc).
There are no public toilets on the course, so you will need to factor this in.
There is plenty of parking on Albert Road Drive, and surrounding streets.
Be prepared for a long, cold night!! But it will be worth it to be there at the finish